Scroll down to the bottom to access the lessons.
Organizations need to not only prevent, detect, and respond to fraud, but they must learn from theirs and other’s events to prevent future, unnecessary risk and repetition of avoidable losses and harms. Systemic root cause analysis is a problem-solving approach that seeks to move past the evaluation of immediate symptoms to instead identify latent and more problematic causes that lie behind events. This online course will center on actual events to familiarize and educate participants in how organizations can effectively identify control breakdowns, as well as diagnose and isolate systemic risks that lead to unnecessary losses and impacts.
Students will learn to:
- understand the value and challenges of systemic root cause analysis;
- identify and understand concepts of critical thinking and apply them to professional judgment in auditing, accounting, and governance situations;
- common symptoms and characteristics of fraud; and
- accountability for managers, finance, and audit professionals.
- 24/7 access to courses through your Internet browser;
- Save time and quickly earn CPE credits with instant access;
- Qualified assessment (quiz) grading after each lesson;
- The flexibility to start or stop a course and pick-up right where you left off;
- A printable CPE certificate at the end of the course upon successful completion; and
- No additional shipping fees.
Paul Dunlop, MPS, CAMS
Basic and Introductory - Program knowledge level most beneficial to students new to a skill or an attribute. These individuals are often at the staff or entry level in organizations, although such programs may also benefit a seasoned professional with limited exposure to the area.
Advance Preparation: This course uses the following applications:
- spreadsheets such as MS Excel or Google Sheets;
- word processor such as MS Word or Google Docs; and
- PDF reader such as Adobe Acrobat.
Students will be required to use the software of their choosing during the exercise portion of the lesson. Therefore, prior to starting the course, students will need to be able to access the software during certain lessons in order to be able to complete the course.
The recommended CPE credit for this course is 9.5 CPE hours in the below indicated fields of study.
One credit hour is equal to fifty minutes of participation in a program of learning.
Claiming CPE Credit
The receiving organization where you submit the certificate of completion has final authority on the acceptance of the individual courses for CPE credit. To be eligible for CPE credit, you must complete each lesson in the course, successfully pass the final exam with at least an 80% score, and submit the ending evaluation within one year of purchase date. You may only claim CPE credit for a course once.
Fields of Study
This course may be submitted for consideration for continuing professional education (CPE) credit under the following fields of study:
- ACFE (Association of Certified Fraud Examiners) - Specialized Knowledge and Applications;
- AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants) - Specialized Knowledge and Applications; non-registered sponsor
- NASBA (National Association of State Boards of Accountancy) - Specialized Knowledge and Applications; non-registered sponsor
We Want to Know
Have you submitted this course to an organization and the CPE credit was accepted by another organization? We want to know the organization's name, website, and field of study. Please email us with the details at [email protected]
QAS Self Study. This is an online self-study, computer-assisted learning course.
- “Fraud Doctor®” is a registered trademark of Fraud Doctor LLC.
- “MS Excel®” and "MS Word®" are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
- “Google SheetsTM” is a web-based spreadsheet program with a registered trademark of Google. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/
- "Google DocsTM" is a web-based word processing program with a registered trademark of Google. https://docs.google.com/document/
- "Adobe Acrobat" is a PDF application with a registered trademark of Adobe. https://get.adobe.com/reader/
We have compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions, go to: http://masterclass.fraud-doctor.com/welcome-01
We answer common questions regarding password reset, how to contact the support team, information on the refund policy, and more.
- This course was originally published on June 8, 2020.
- The most recent revision date was June 8, 2020.
- This course was last reviewed by the technical reviewer, Alexis C. Bell, MS, CFE, on June 8, 2020.