This module introduces students to data quality assessment methodology which is required prior to analyzing any dataset. Definitions, examples, and exercises are given to provide students an understanding of the steps performed to ensure quality of the data is optimal for analysis.
Students will learn:
- the importance of data quality and the key definitions of data quality dimensions;
- how to obtain access to the required dataset;
- how to document the work they perform;
- how to assess the dataset for:
- accuracy; and
- 24/7 access to courses through your Internet browser;
- Save time and quickly earn CPE credits with instant access;
- Qualified assessment (quiz) grading after each lesson;
- The flexibility to start or stop a course and pick-up right where you left off;
- A printable CPE certificate at the end of the course upon successful completion; and
- No additional shipping fees.
Alexis C. Bell, MS, CFE, PI
Basic and Introductory - Program knowledge level most beneficial to students new to a skill or an attribute. These individuals are often at the staff or entry level in organizations, although such programs may also benefit a seasoned professional with limited exposure to the area.
Advance Preparation: This course uses spreadsheets such as MS Excel or Google Sheets. Students will be required to use a spreadsheet software of their choosing during the exercise portion of the lesson. Therefore, prior to starting the course, students will need to be able to access a spreadsheet software during certain lessons in order to be able to complete the course.
The recommended CPE credit for this course is 5.25 CPE hours in the below indicated fields of study.
One credit hour is equal to fifty minutes of participation in a program of learning.
Claiming CPE Credit
The receiving organization where you submit the certificate of completion has final authority on the acceptance of the individual courses for CPE credit. To be eligible for CPE credit, you must complete each lesson in the course, successfully pass the final exam with at least an 80% score, and submit the ending evaluation within one year of purchase date. You may only claim CPE credit for a course once.
Fields of Study
This course may be submitted for consideration for continuing professional education (CPE) credit under the following fields of study:
- ACFE (Association of Certified Fraud Examiners) - Investigation Techniques > Data Analysis and Reporting Tools
- AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants) - Specialized Knowledge and Applications; non-registered sponsor
- NASBA (National Association of State Boards of Accountancy) - Specialized Knowledge and Applications; non-registered sponsor
- NC PPSB (North Carolina Private Protective Services Board) - Continuing Education (CE) credit. Course ID: PPSB-18-417 for 5.25 hours. Board approved on March 19, 2018.
We Want to Know
Have you submitted this course to an organization and the CPE credit was accepted by another organization? We want to know the organization's name, website, and field of study. Please email us with the details at [email protected]
QAS Self Study. This is an online self-study, computer-assisted learning course.
- “MS Excel®” is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
- “Google SheetsTM” is a web-based spreadsheet program with a registered trademark of Google. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/
This is a great course, very well thought out and designed with consistency in the learning objectives and actual layout of the course format. It provides an initial format for the student to develop assessment tools supported by well documented process steps which can be followed by users. — Christine Dever Homack, Principal, Accountabilities Consulting Services, LLC
What stood out to me was the usefulness of the videos. They allowed me to go through the lessons step by step in order to preform the tasks. I was very impressed by instructors use of Excel. It became confusing to me based upon my limited experience with it, but it was great to see it in action. I thought the course was well presented. The instructional videos were awesome and it gave me a real sense of the actual work involved. — Shawn Ganley, Detective, Rahway Police Department